Join the award-winning Touhill Volunteer Guild! You can experience the arts from a whole new perspective as a volunteer. Our volunteers are appreciated and recognized for their service and commitment to strengthening the artistic community.
Volunteers and Touhill staff are partners, each with an equal but complementary role in realizing the Touhill experience for our patrons.
All performances are supported by nearly 120 active community volunteers who serve as ticket takers, greeters, floor managers, guest service representatives and ushers.
How it works
Volunteers choose the performance opportunities they want to assist – based on their interests and availability. The coordinator assigns them to selected events and returns their schedule confirmation. On the day of the event, the volunteer will be assigned a task position based on the needs of the performance. Most of the volunteers get to see or experience a majority of the show itself!
We ask that volunteers commit to at least 12 events a year to remain in active status as a member of the Guild. For volunteers, events last just around five hours from call time to dismissal.
Experience Touhill performances with two complimentary tickets per volunteer.
- Touhill volunteers are afforded special benefits associated with giving time to an UMSL organization:
- Access to The Mark Twain Building, host to a wide range of recreational activities and programs including a running track, work out facilities, and a swimming pool.
- Free admission to Triton home games.
- 10% discount on purchases at the Campus Bookstore.
- A vision care discount with 25% off comprehensive care examinations and eyeglasses.